Ivanhoe is located along the base of the Sierra Nevada mountains in the north central portion of Tulare County. The community is approximately 50 miles southeast of Fresno. State Highway 216 traverses the easterly portion of the community and provides access to State Highway 198 in Visalia, approximately 10 miles southwest of Ivanhoe.
In 1888, the Southern Pacific Railroad named the siding of the yet to be established community “Klink,” after George Klink, an auditor for the railroad. The first school in the area was established on April 5, 1886, and was named “Ivanhoe” after Sir Walter Scott’s novel of the same name.
With the availability of irrigation water in later years, cattle ranching and grain fields were replaced with orchards devoted to citrus and deciduous fruit. In addition to a citrus packing house and walnut dehydrator, Ivanhoe is home to agriculturally-related service commercial businesses.
Ivanhoe is located 15 minutes from the Highway 198 corridor, and 20 minutes from the Highway 99 corridor. There are many prime Agricultural and Industrial properties available in this community. Ivanhoe has immediate access to rail and highway.